1. 80 hours of PHE leave (prorated for part-time employees) is provided to employees separate and apart from Colorado's Paid Sick Leave (which is still required).
2. Employees may use the one time grant of PHE leave for Covid symptoms, testing, vaccination effects, quarantine, or taking care of family for the same.
3. On June 9, 2023, the "bucket" of PHE for Colorado employees ends.
4. Paid Sick Leave (under the Healthy Families & Workplaces Act) continues at a rate of providing 1 hour for every 30 hours worked, up to 48 hours per year. The Paid Sick Leave "bucket" can never go above 48 hours, and buckets are not emptied when entering a new calendar year.
5. PHE and Paid Sick Leave are NOT paid out upon employee separation. Only accrued PTO/vacation time is paid out upon employee separation.
#theworkplacecounsel #worklawnetwork #hrcompliance #employmentlaw #workplacelaw #covid
There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.
Leave a Comment