Founding Member of Gokenbach Law, LLC
In 2012, Ms. Gokenbach founded Gokenbach Law, LLC — a woman-owned, boutique labor and employment defense firm. Ms. Gokenbach left Biglaw to start her own firm because she believed (and still believes) the large law firm model is not ideal for many businesses. Small- and medium-sized businesses are the backbone of the United States economy (99.7% of all U.S. employers have less than 500 employees). However, often times, any legal claim encountered can quickly turn into a high-stakes matter regardless of business size. Considering the enormous cost and structure of the large law firm model, Ms. Gokenbach created a firm to allow businesses to retain experienced and passionate attorneys who provided individual and focused attention to achieve the best possible resolution at a reasonable cost. Effective May 1, 2019, Gokenbach Law LLC merged with The Workplace Counsel LLC.
Shareholder with Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
Before starting her own firm, Ms. Gokenbach was a shareholder with an Am Law 100 firm, Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart, P.C. Ogletree Deakins is a national labor & employment firm with over 700 lawyers. Ms. Gokenbach was recruited to join Ogletree Deakins when it opened its Denver office in 2010 and was the editor of the Colorado eAuthority publication for the firm.
Employment Practice Group Leader with Moye White LLP
Ms. Gokenbach practiced for many years with a large regional firm in Colorado, Moye White LLP. It was at Moye White that Ms. Gokenbach first cut her teeth on employment law and learned that the resolution of workplace matters was where she wanted to focus her legal practice. Through mentors and wonderful opportunities, Ms. Gokenbach rose to lead the Employment Practice Group at Moye White, and still has many dear friends and respected colleagues at the firm today.
Prior to attending graduate school to embark on a legal career, Ms. Gokenbach applied her Bachelor of Science Degree in Statistics to perform database programming and web development services for various corporations in California, including SAIC®, Mailboxes Etc. (now The UPS Store®), and Jenny Craig®.
J.D., University of Denver Sturm College of Law, 2003
M.B.A., University of Denver Daniels College of Business, 2003
B.S., San Diego State University, 1996
- Colorado, 2003
- Florida, 2013
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit, 2003
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado, 2003
- U.S. District Court, District of North Dakota, 2006
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota, 2009
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2013
- U.S. District Court, District of Utah, 2015
- Super Lawyer, Thomson Reuters, Colorado Super Lawyers, Employment Litigation: Defense, 2015-2019
- Top Rated Lawyer – Business Litigation & Labor and Employment, ALM (Corporate Counsel and The American Lawyer), 2014
- AV Preeminent® Rating, Martindale-Hubbell, 2013 to present
- Rising Star, Thomson Reuters, Colorado Super Lawyers (Employment Litigation: Defense, 2010-2013; Employment & Labor, 2009)
- Up & Coming Lawyer, Law Week Colorado, September 2009
- Woman of Accomplishment, Law Week Colorado, July 2009