Mr. Rotter regularly first-chairs a variety of litigation matters on behalf of his clients, and his experience includes the following:
- Obtained complete defense verdict in U.S. District Court jury trial on behalf of Fortune 500 client against former employee's discrimination and harassment claims.
- Defended national residential and hospitality property owner and operator against former employee's claims of Title VII sex and race discrimination and retaliation resulting in full dismissal of claims.
- Defended national restaurant chain against wage and hour claims, resulting in de-certification of class and eventual dismissal of lawsuit.
- Successfully defended employer's termination of employee based on safety concerns in MSHA trial and against employee's discrimination and retaliation claims.
- Defended numerous clients against employee charges of discrimination, retaliation, harassment, leave, wage and hour, and other employment claims before the EEOC, DOL, NLRB, and various state agencies.
White-Collar Investigations and Defense
- Successfully defended Colorado-based company against grand jury investigation and potential charges for alleged EPA/OSHA violations.
- Obtained Restraining Order against client's former employee after threats of workplace violence.
- Successfully obtained dismissal of ADA Title II violations brought by restaurant patron.
- First-chaired litigation asserting civil theft charges against employee engaged in fraud and embezzlement.
- Defended dairy company against false allegations of animal mistreatment, including criminal investigation by law enforcement and civil claims by plaintiffs, resulting in dismissal of lawsuit.
Restrictive Covenant Litigation
- Successfully defended national media company and its newly hired employee against allegations by competitor for trade secret violations, breach of non-compete, and tortious interference.
- Prosecuted former employee of client after breach of non-solicitation and non-competition agreement, resulting in issuance of permanent injunction.
- Successfully defended numerous clients against allegations of trade secret violations and tortious interference of contract, leading to defeats of restraining orders and eventual case resolution with zero damages.